Building & Enriching Communities
Our vision statement of “Sharing Success” speaks to the concept of sharing the land or in today’s terms, sharing resources. This value inspires SIGA to give back to the communities where we live and work, so all may benefit.
Throughout the year, SIGA and its casinos support hundreds of organizations and events. By embracing and implementing the teachings of our Elders, SIGA continues to foster its philanthropic commitment by giving back to its communities. This important aspiration is inherent in who we are as a First Nations organization. Through “Sharing Success” initiatives, SIGA will continue to build and enrich communities in Saskatchewan and as a result, everyone will benefit.
When directing sponsorships, we look for opportunities that:
- Improve the quality of life for the socially, physically and economically disadvantaged;
- Demonstrate positive strategic relationships; and
- Demonstrate good corporate citizenship in the communities served by SIGA.
(To learn more about our partnership with the Ronald McDonald House, watch our video below.)
You can apply if your group or organization meets the following criteria:
- Aboriginal, non-profit or charitable organizations based in Saskatchewan;
- Highly regarded in the community, with a solid track record of successfully carrying out events or delivering programs;
- Able to demonstrate community support and involvement;
- Offer SIGA and Casino employees a chance to participate and/or volunteer;
- Serving the needs of residents in eligible communities; and
- Eligible teams or individuals that have earned the right through a competitive process to represent the province and/or country at national or international events.
Eligible applicants must meet one of the following sectors:
- Arts & Culture
- Education & Training
- Business & Tourism
- Sports and Recreation
- Health & Well-Being
Preference will be given to the following:
- Youth – especially First Nations and youth-at-risk
- Socially and economically disadvantaged individuals & families
- People with special needs
- Eligible organizations should be based in Saskatchewan
(To learn more about our partnership with Read Saskatoon and the Canadian Diabetes Association, please click to view videos below.)
- Trips and tours;
- Administrative or operational costs of an organization (including salaries); or
- Individual or team sponsorships, where the individual/team did not earn the right to represent the province and/or country at a provincial, national or international event; or
- Staff appreciation and retirement activities; or
- Applications received after the event will not be considered for support;
- Generic requests that may have been sent to various organizations (to whom it may concern letter);
- Research projects; including community infrastructure, development and maintenance;
- recreational facilities operation & development (including salaries, administrative costs, for profit or businesses);
- Political parties and candidates;
- Requests to fund accumulated deficits of an organization or event;
- Organizations or local chapters that are already receiving support from SIGA through provincial organizations;
- Any event that promotes gaming or gambling to those under the age of 19 years; or
- Individuals requesting funding/promotional items for their own personal use.
Any applications following into one or more of the above scenarios will not be considered for support.
Step 1: Review the eligibility criteria
Step 2: Review the exclusions of the program
Step 3: Submit your application
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST HAVE A BUDGET SUBMITTED OR WILL BE DEEMED INCOMPLETE.
Please click here for the Revenue and Expenditures document to guide you as you plan your budget.
By applying online, you will ensure your application contains all the relevant information necessary for a thorough review. It will also assist SIGA in reviewing the request promptly.
All sponsorship requests are reviewed by the Sponsorship Advisory Committee within the earliest possible time frame to ensure that each application is given a fair and consistent assessment through an open and transparent review process.
- Applications for cash and/or merchandise should be made a minimum of 30 days prior to the event. NOTE: this does not mean the committee will have evaluated your application within the 30 days. This is simply the minimum amount of time applicants need to have their applications in before their event dateEvery effort is made by the Sponsorship Advisory Committee to meet on a monthly basis.
- Requests over $10,000 require at least a 120 day lead time.
- SIGA reserves the right to reject incomplete, inaccurate or late applications. This means applications without budgets will be considered incomplete.
- Applicants will be notified by email as to the status of their request once a decision has been made.
- All merchandise/in-kind requests must also complete an online form
If your application for sponsorship is approved, if selected, you may be emailed a link to a post-event questionnaire within three months after your event. If this report is not returned within three months of the event date, you may not be eligible for future sponsorships.
Please note that SIGA is unable to respond or review sponsorship requests until a detailed budget has been submitted.
Thank you for considering SIGA as a partner in your initiative. If you require further assistance or information regarding the SIGA community relations sponsorship program, please email email@example.com or call 306-477-7557.