Where to Get Help
Patrons who use their GameSense understand that gambling involves taking a risk. Casino gambling is designed to be a form of fun and entertainment and is not intended to create personal hardship.
Take the questionnaire contained in the Self Assessment brochure to see what your personal risk is for developing problems with gambling.
Note: The test contained in the brochure is a basic evaluation and not a diagnostic tool.
Prince Albert Grand Council Holistic Wellness Centre The Prince Albert Grand Council Holistic Wellness Centre for the treatment of problem gambling is located in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
The MISSION is to provide support for problem gamblers, their families and community based education about problem and responsible gambling. The Holistic Wellness Centre focuses on Problem Gambling (inpatient/outpatient treatment) and is the only “stand alone” center for the treatment of problem gamblers that is not based on ethnicity or residency.
- Outpatient Counseling
- Inpatient Treatment
- Day Treatment
- Telephone counseling/Individual counseling
- Evening Self Help Groups
- Gamblers Anonymous Meetings/Gam Anon, Residential School Healing Circles
- Public Information seminars and community based education on problem gambling.
Call toll free: 1 (866) 765-5305 or (306) 765-5305
File Hills Qu’Appelle White Raven Healing Centre The File Hills Qu’Appelle White Raven Healing Centre is located in Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan.
Our MISSION is to promote guiding principles that will encourage open communication with all individuals, families and communities. Our primary focus is to provide traditional and conventional therapeutic counseling designed to address the legacy of intergenerational impacts of residential schools and unresolved trauma and family.
- 5-Seat Gambling Day Treatment Program
- Group/Individualized Counseling
- Family and Relationship Building
- Gambling Counselor Training—Accredited 30-60hours
- Gamblers Anonymous Meetings
- Gambling Mobile Treatment—Four Times annually
Call toll free: 1 (866) 748-8922 or (306) 332-2608
Saskatoon Tribal Council Responsible Gaming Outreach Treatment Program 1514 – 20th Street West, Saskatoon, Sask. Phone: (306) 956-0340
The mission of the program is to minimize or reduce the negative impacts of problem gambling on the individual, the family and the community.
Specific Services Available;
- One on one counseling
- Group counseling
- Referrals to inpatient treatment centers
- Awareness and Education Programs for all ages
- Workshops and seminars
- Interactive displays
- Public awareness
- Connect with personal speakers
- Culturally relevant resources
- Prevention and harm reduction programs
- Adult education programs
- Life skills
- Healthy living
- Alternative activities
- Prevention information resources
Saskatchewan Problem Gambling Help Line
24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Confidential and free.
Call toll free 1 (800) 306-6789
The Problem Gambling Help Line provides 24-hour help to people with gambling problems and their families. Callers receive confidential, professional service from trained counsellors.
The help line provides:
· Short-term counselling
· Crisis intervention services
· Referrals to regional health authority problem gambling counsellors and self help groups.
First Nation Addiction and Rehabilitation Foundation (FNARF)
FNARF was established to ensure that effective and accessible education, prevention and treatment programs were available to First Nation people. $2.25 million of SIGA’s profits are contributed annually to FNARF to ensure effective and accessible programs are made available.